Saturday, August 18, 2007

News: Rilo Kiley New Album Stream



I just got a hot tip about another new album that's up for streaming - the new Rilo Kiley record. You may recall that their last album proper was 2004's "More Adventurous", a clever set that was half-brilliant and half love-it-or-hate-it. Personally, I think I prefer Jenny's solo record, which we linked to downloads of earlier this year over any of her regular band's stuff. The new album - Under the Blacklight - has been a bit controversial because it sheds most of the band's folk and country leanings in favor of more danceable influences. I'm giving it a first full listen now - so far it doesn't sound quite as jarring as the lead single made me think it might be. You can give this one a listen (legally and free, of course) at myspace.com/rilokiley .

No comments: