Monday, May 09, 2005

A New Home


I think I've finally found a new place for the 'Bloom. I'll post about if/when we get approved there. Skimming over the terms of use, it looks like we won't be able to post about recording webcasts anymore, but otherwise the site will probably be about the same. I might mess with the style a bit since I have to change all the links anyway. I'm hoping to have the transition done by Friday.
Music news for today....Brian Wilson is working on a Christmas album, there will be no Bruce Springsteen albums at Starbucks, and I wish I had been here last night to hear Jeffrey Overstreet talk about Christ in U2's music.
Sidenote: Did anyone else see the Pitchfork review of the new Starflyer59? I thought it was cool that they liked it, I haven't heard the album yet but I think Starflyer makes some sweet music. I had to chuckle though when they incorrectly referred to Jars of Clay as broken up and both them and Creed as "bible thumpers". Funny stuff. It'd be fun to go through the Jars' discography and pick out everything they've done that sets them apart from the more bible-thumping Christian rock groups, but alas, that's for another day when I actually have webspace.
Oh, and speaking of Jars, their hymns album is now streaming in its entirety at their website. It's not as good as most of their older stuff, but it's not bad for hymns album either. The Blind Boys of Alabama really tear it up on "Nothin' But the Blood" and "On Jordan's Stormy Banks", and Sarah Kelly's a nice addition to "I'll Fly Away". Heh, I remember when I discovered the song "I'll Fly Away" - Kanye West put that on his album first. Anyway, back to signing up for some webspace....

No comments: