Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Born (and some links to Beatles covers)


Over the Rhine is one of my favorite bands, but to be honest I'm not quite sure how to describe them. They jump around genrewise a bit. The only thing that makes them easy to identify is Karin Bergquist's amazing vocals. Anyway - they have a new album coming out next Tuesday, called Drunkard's Prayer. I've already preordered the album from Paste Music, and I'm just waiting for it to arrive now. This page has free, legal mp3 downloads of "Born" and "Drunkard's Prayer" from the album for your listening pleasure. I recommend "Born", because it's such an enchanting song. Like I said, I have a hard time describing these guys, but I love them. Give 'em a listen and let me know what you think.
Is anyone else really excited that the Drop7 Christian Mp3 Blog is doing a second week of Beatles covers? I'd love to recap why I love some of the songs Jeff's picking over there, but I really don't have enough time to. Anyway, if you haven't had your fill on great music today, check out the original "Week Of Beatles" on the Drop7 July 2004 archives, you won't regret it. I get great Beatles covers there "Eight Days a Week"! Sorry, I couldn't resist the joke. I'll stop now.

No comments: