Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Don't Dream It's Over


Whew, I was planning on doing a real entry tonight (I might still do that in a few minutes) about Washington state music, but I just saw some really depressing news. Remember the band Crowded House? I figure some people reading are probably too young to know who they are, but they were a band that was really popular a while back. You've probably heard their hit "Don't Dream It's Over" or at least the remake of it that Sixpence None the Richer did a few years back. Apparently, the drummer, Paul Hester hanged (hung?) himself last night. Full details at: http://aversion.com/news/news_article.cfm?news_id=4037 .

Didn't anyone tell him not to wish the time had passed? Or to....um, not dream it was over? Sorry, I shouldn't be cracking lame jokes this soon afterwards....but you have to admit, it is fun to speculate on what the motive could have been. I'll probably post later tonight (or early tomorrow morning) with some stuff on local (to me) music.

No comments: