Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Hello World! / Something Evil


Welcome to the new Unfound Bloom Music Blog. Here we'll post music-related thoughts and rambles, as well as legal downloads of music new and old.

Since this is our first entry, we ought to recommend an mp3 that's cool, hip, and underground, so we can establish some indie-cred. You can forget about that, we're not that pretentious and we'll blow our indie-cred within a week. I will plug the song "Something Evil", off of the upcoming Starflyer59 album, TALKING VOICE vs. SINGING VOICE, which will be released on April 12th. You can hear the song by clicking here. Check out the rest of the Starflyer59 website if you have the chance too.
I suppose I should get some legal details out of the way while I'm posting this first real entry too - we have no where to post mp3s, and our hands are tied with 'Bloom management and with contractual obligations to our site's host not to post copyrighted material. We will post nothing ourselves, so we can't post anything illegal. Most of the stuff I'll be linking to will be from label sites and band sites, so don't worry about us linking to some site that will send you viruses and illegal copyrighted material. Most of the time, anyway - I'll link to other mp3 blogs on occasion.

It's understood amongst mp3 bloggers that you don't post free music from big-namers, but rather, plug the underground artists you love and beg people to buy their albums. You get to talk about music you love, the artists get paid - everyone wins. Assuming people don't download and then forget to buy stuff, that is. I'd like to recommend my favorite mp3 blog - the Drop7.com Christian Mp3 Blog! The guy there has good tastes in some of the fairly obscure and more interesting bands in Christian music. I'm not just saying that because he's plugged some of my favorites before either - he's much more credible than I am, really. Go listen to some stuff he likes, you won't regret it.

No comments: