Monday, April 25, 2005

A place called Vertigo


So, apparently my decision not to shell out the big bucks to see U2 in Seattle (or was it Tacoma? somewhere in Washington) was a good one. Jeffrey Overstreet's review claims that there were some major technical problems and that Bono botched "One", which is one of my favorite songs from them. I'm happy that the setlist included a whopping four songs from Achtung Baby, my favorite album from them, but it's a bit odd that they skipped a few big hits from The Joshua Tree. If I had gone I would have dragged along a family member who really only knows the big hits like "With Or Without You" and "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For", and neither one was in the set. I'm not sure if I find the "worshipful" second encore cute or cheesy. Oh well, at least the older fans who still remember Boy had a great time. I can't say that I'm in that category (the oldest U2 album I have is War), but I can appreciate a band that knows how to rotate the older songs to make the fans happy. OK, so now for what you guys really want - free music. Thanks to U2 Exit, we can hear the entire second night of the Vertigo Tour for free. It's in WMA format and a few of my favorites didn't make the cut - but hey, it's free live U2. You really can't go wrong there, can you? Don't answer that.

No comments: