Friday, April 01, 2005

The Rest of that Washington state thing


Sorry, it's late here and I'm feeling a bit rushed. I'll post Thursday's band and Friday's band now. You've probably heard one of these and never heard of the other. For Thursday: There's this band, Broken Image. It's kind of hard to explain them....it's like Jars of Clay's sound on steroids, with a dash of Switchfoot. They claim Coldplay as an influence too, but I don't hear it when I listen to them. I know I'm biased on this group (I went to their church for a while), but I think they're pretty good. Personally, I think that the stuff they've recorded doesn't capture their live sound well, but you can stream (sorry, no downloads) their songs from their purevolume page. Oh, and they are mostly a praise-and-worship outfit lyrically, so if you're not into that stuff, you might want to pass on these guys. They're actually quite good lyrically as worship music goes, so if you're into that kind of thing - you'll love them.
Friday - I'm going to take the easy way out to finish this one up. I'm sure most people reading this have already heard Death Cab For Cutie. I know, all of you who are in bands from Washington that I haven't plugged yet ought to be sending me hate mail for plugging someone well known instead of supporting someone more underground from around here. These guys are pretty good though. I can't say I'm a huge fan, but I can link you to their purevolume page, and yes, they do have downloads. I don't recall if you can see what time it is for me when I post these or not, but it's 2 AM here. I'm going to bed. Enjoy the music.

No comments: